- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 and a quarter cup oil
- 4 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup raisins
- quarter cup butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1 small orange's zest
- juice from the orange
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and raisins in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, oil and carrots in another mixing bowl.
- Add the 'wet' ingredients to the 'dry' ingredients and fold together with a spatula.
- Place the batter into a greased cake pan and bake in the oven at 325 for about an hour.
- Check with a toothpick at the end of an hour. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is done. If batter sticks to the toothpick, give it another 10 minutes, repeatedly (checking each time), until done.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar to a pudding-like consistency.
- When the frosting is combined, add the orange zest and juice. Mix again. The frosting should take on a soupy consistency.
- Allow the cake to cool, then apply the frosting liberally.